I picked this up from this guy, who acquired it from that guy… and so on. And I (block)quote:
1. If you’d like to play along, reply to this post and I’ll assign you a letter.
2. You then list (and upload or link to the video, if you feel like it) 5 songs that start with that letter.
3. Then, as I’m doing here, you’ll post the list to your journal with the instructions.
I was given… “H”. And since I can do this, I’m embedding tracks in WordPress. Hah!
- Home By The Sea / Second Home By The Sea (Genesis) – I love this piece. I just plain love it. Especially the various live renditions with the dual drummers. This sort of thing is what I love about Genesis.
- Hallo Spaceboy (David Bowie w/ Pet Shop Boys) – Two great tastes that go great together.
- Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger (Daft Punk) – Let’s be honest: They’re probably never going to top this.
- Hyperactive (Thomas Dolby) – This is one of those love-it-or-hate-it songs from Mr. Dolby, and I happen to love it. I can see why some people don’t enjoy it as much, though.
- Heat (Jethro Tull) – Speaking of love-or-hate, this is from the Tull album which is the most “electronic” they ever released, and it drove the die-hard fans batty. One of the things I like about it is that nearly the entire album could be used as the soundtrack to a cheesy 80’s spy caper flick… especially this track.
And there you go. Anybody want a letter of their own to run with?
What the hell – much staleness at my place, could use post fodder. And I have several gigs of music to look at.
The Oingo Boingo fan gets… ‘O’, of course.
Now that I’m blogging again, sure, I’ll take a letter.
With all that yarn you go through… you get ‘C’ for ‘crochet’. 🙂
Hit me, fellow waterfowl!
Alrighty then: You get ‘P’, for the Pratt & Whitney Penny. 🙂
Jethro Tull sux, Oingo Boingo rools. Neither a them can hold a candle to Ralph Covert and The Bad Examples.