Here we are, the last of my promised posts from the end of last month. It took me a while to get here but it’s for the best, since every week along the way I’ve learned something new about dealing with trains in the Satisfactory game.Continue reading
Category: Media (Page 3 of 42)
This is a container category for media reviews and related drivel.
2023 may end up being a banner year for new music and leading the charge is the January release of Ravenblack, the new record from German “goth rock” outfit, Mono Inc.Continue reading
After Heroes and Three Houses and Three Hopes, now we’ve landed on Engage, the latest Fire Emblem title. Depending on which long-time fan of the series you want to believe, this either is or isn’t a welcome return to the classic play style and structure of yore.
This’ll take some unpacking. Buckle up.Continue reading
Let’s see… here are a few things I don’t yet have time + energy to flesh out, though some will get further attention at some point:
- The GameBall trackball is holding up pretty well so far. At least, it hasn’t infuriated me and does its job reliably. So far. The third in the ongoing “in search of” post series will bubble up here probably in early February.
- There’s a new Mono Inc record out, I have it, I’ve heard it. I need to sit with it and give it another solid listen-through before I feel like I’ll be ready to give it a proper review. It’s coming, though.
- Fire Emblem Engage has taken over a lot of my free time, and that’s a good thing. If you have any interest in the game series at all and have read some reviews and seen first-impressions videos, my opinion probably won’t surprise you by diverging from a lot of those… but I want to get a bit further into the main storyline before putting my own complete thoughts in order here. I’ll absolutely be ranting and raving about it before much longer, don’t you worry.
- I don’t think I’m writing an entire post about how angry I am about the state of housing. Nobody needs to read that, and I don’t need to be writing it. Suffice to say that I feel intensely frustrated by the fact that at almost exactly the time that I paid off the big big loan and started stashing money away for a potential move, the costs of everything jumped skyward and now I just… can’t. I’ve nearly been priced out of existing.
- Another brief grumble unworthy of an entire post? The folks who make the good version of my primary diabetes-treatment medicine could resolve their supply-chain issues any day now, please and thank you. Taking the other folks’ version is a fuss and a bother and I hate it. (A pill-crusher is involved. Feh.)
- And to end on a positive note, I need to write up my experiences with trains in Satisfactory now that they’ve been the central concept of my latest solo savegame and an integral part of the co-op game I’m playing with the kids. It’s been fun! But… there are definitely drawbacks to going All Trains All The Time. I’ll get into that at some point in the next few weeks.
That’s all for now, folks. I hope you’re staying healthy and safe.
In the beginning, there was Fire Emblem: Three Houses and it was good.
Well, wait. That’s not entirely accurate. Let’s try this again.Continue reading
The video I mentioned in the previous post? Here it is:
I hope that we all get to have more fun, less stress, more health, less catastrophe, more prosperity, less misery in the year to come.