To celebrate eight years at the current gig (anniversary date: July 5), I took a week off from work.
Well, kind of: Friday was a holiday, then came the weekend. I just tacked a day ahead of and three extra days after that three-day-weekend thing. But hey, what’s a few dozen extra vacation hours between friends? (Besides, I’ve over 100 remaining even after this extravagant usage.)
So, let’s see…
- Breakfast on Thursday at the Cadillac Cafe on Broadway.
- Dinner on Friday at Campbell’s BBQ on Powell.
- A weekend of watching movies and playing games.
- Rearranged my DVD shelves on Monday, along with a photography hike collecting material for the little social-media side project I have going. (There are two feeds for that… one on Tumblr, one on Twitter.)
- Cleaning on Tuesday, including getting out all of the glass and plastic and paper to recycling that needed hauling away from my bedroom. Worked out a new bit of morning exercise to add to my routine as well. We’ll see how that goes, of course.
- Brunch this morning with Dad and June, then a Powell’s trip to offload a dozen or so books that I’ll never read again. They actually took all but two, which is unheard-of lately. (The buyer said up front that they usually send folks back with 3/4 of what is placed on the counter. I lucked out.) I took credit, of course, so I could buy… three more books. For only a dollar net out of pocket expense, I’m calling that a win.
I’ve been mostly off the grid this entire time because I’ve also been doing my best to help out Kylanath during a rough personal/family stretch, the details of which aren’t mine to divulge. Still and all, we’re weathering all of this (plus the weather, which is ridiculously hot for early Portland summertime, thank you very little).
And now, I prepare to jump back into the work routine.